Scottish Palestinian Society, formerly known as The Association of Palestinian Communities in Scotland (APCS), is a society for all Palestinians residing in Scotland.
We organise social and cultural events and provide support to members. We also work to engage Scottish civil society and government in support of the Palestinian struggle for freedom and right of return.
Our objectives are to:
- Provide a platform for promoting friendship, understanding and support for all members
- Promote the understanding of Palestinian and Arab culture, language and history within Scotland and beyond
- Provide advocacy and advice to members, liaising with various local agencies and service providers, i.e. NHS, social services, employment, education, police and further education
- Promote social, cultural, and sport activities within the Association and the wider community
- Provide speakers and facilities for organisations, professional bodies, NGOs, schools, societies and professional meetings to provide better understanding of all aspects of the Palestinian cause
SPS Committee Contacts
Chairperson: Wael Shawish
Secretary: Ms. Doa’a AbuAmer
Treasurer: Ahmad Ya’bad
Social convenors Ali Jaber
Students Link: Muaz Khaled
Women’s affairs: Ms. Doa’a AbuAmer
Events Coordinator: Omar Yassin